Christ Church is a worshipping, welcoming and proclaiming Christian community, wishing to learn, grow spiritually and serve its local neighbourhood whilst being alive to the needs of an ever-changing world.
* 1 Corinthians 13: v13: ‘And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love’.
* Matthew 25: v35b: ‘I was a stranger and you invited me in’.
* Luke 10: v27: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself’.
* John 13: v34: ‘Love one another as I have loved you’.
* 1 Corinthians 12: v27 ‘Now you are the body of Christ and each one of you is a part of it’
* Ecclesiastes 3: ‘A time for everything’.
* Psalm 139
* 1 Peter 2: v5 ‘..You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house’.
Agreed in early 2018 our priorities for the next few years will be:
i. To continue to offer worship which will meet the diverse needs of the whole congregation
ii. To continue to develop Prayer life and spiritual nurture
iii. To offer welcome and embrace diversity
iv. To make church relevant and accessible to local families
v. To become a greener church
vi. Worship which will meet the needs of the whole congregation
i. To have due regard for the needs of those who prefer the more traditional style of worship
ii. To continue to be open to Fresh Expressions of worship
iii. To emphasise the importance of prayer in worship